Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Dana Cup adventure begins

We have all arrived at our school in Denmark. The girls are rested, but definitely miss the creature comforts of home. Our class is a little smaller than in Sweden, which means space is at a premium for them. I am in the building next door with coaches and other team leaders who are at the school. Our school only has girls teams staying at it, which is gives me a little peace of mind.

On a personal level, I am invigorated now that we have come to Denmark. I have never been here before and I truly love the opportunities to visit new countries around the world. I hope that the girls feel the same way.

Here is some news hot of the press: We have been chosen to be one of the teams to represent the USA in the opening ceremonies!!! I haven't even shared that news with the players yet. I'm sure many pictures will be taken and I am looking forward to it, as I am sure the girls will too.

Our first game is on Tuesday at 7:30 a.m., which means an early "rise and shine" for them, but we should be ready to play. It looks like we'll get the opportunity to play a friendly against a team from Vancouver that is staying at the parents' hotel.

Keep reading for more updates to come.

Until next time...

Hogie

1 comment:

  1. At Over Night Inc, our vision of health care delivery is to minimize this as much as possible while providing excellent medical services. This is why we decided to locate our facility downtown in the Plus 15 to allow our patients convenient access to the clinic despite the higher operating costs.

    ReplyDelete